Sunday 6 January 2019

THE RETREAT Chapter One

I wouldn't blame any faithful but patient followers of my stories thinking that I'd given up, or fallen off the edge of the earth, as it seems the last time I posted anything here was Christmas 2017! 

Well, I haven't been totally idle. I've been working on a new story - all year! As I've mentioned before, I like to have the whole thing more or less completed before I start posting it. That way I can develop the characters more and iron out inconsistencies and revise details as I go along. And my preference most recently has been to post the whole thing as a completed ebook. It may seem a little over the top for something that is really only a sexual fantasy, but for me the whole enjoyment is to get it just right so that at least I can more or less believe in it.  

I've had quite a few distractions this year and I still have a couple of chapters to write - although the whole thing is mapped out in my head. I should be able to complete it in a month or so but, in the circumstances, I have decided  to go back to posting it chapter by chapter as a weekly (roughly) serial. Hopefully by the time I get to posting Chapter Eight I will have completed Nine and Ten.

You can read the full text of Chapter One of THE RETREAT in the Books section on the rightOr if you prefer you can download a PDF version from HERE

The story brings to life a fantasy that came to me some years ago when I visited a strange, creepy old house in the depths of the English countryside. It was currently being used as a school, which was odd because, as well as having a general atmosphere of decay, the rooms were vast and decorated with baroque murals, and down some wooden steps there was an eerie cellar-like basement converted into changing rooms, showers and wash rooms! Need I say more?

Also, it's a loose connection, but the character of Andy is sort of mean to be the same Andy that Adam and Robbie met in the last story, but about three years older.

As usual, it all takes place in my alternate universe, a post war Europe (in this case England) where the Reichmarshalls rule and slavery is fundamental to the New Order.


Now read on...

No comments:

Post a Comment